At Phil’s Bike Shop we realize that many people are more than happy to save some money by purchasing a finely tuned USED bicycle. We believe that USED bikes are an integral part of the cycling marketplace; and in fact, We are the only bike shop in the South Sound that BUYS & SELL USED BIKES every day.
If you want to BUY a USED bike…
You have come to the right place. We are not a pawn shop, garage sale, or online ad; so our bikes are sold adjusted, cleaned, tuned, and ready to ride with a 30 day labor guarantee on any future repair needs. Since our selection changes daily please stop into our shop to see what our current inventory looks like.
At any one time we typically have 50-65 USED bikes all serviced and ready to roll. Each USED bike gets a full service tune up during which we will adjust and or replace any parts we deem to be unsafe and/or un-serviceable. The sales price on each USED bike is of course dependent on the bike and its condition, but we have USED bike prices that typically range from $75 – $400 with the average being closer to $200. We have USED bikes all year long, but the good ones go fast and Summer time selection gets very thin. If you want the best selection come see us between October-March.
If you want to SELL or TRADE IN a USED bike…
Great idea! The older a bike is the less it is likely to be worth; get cash today for that bike that has been sitting around gathering dust and taking up valuable space. We at Phil’s Bike Shop may offer you cash or in-store credit for your USED bike. We know you are anxious to get a price quote on your used bike but…In order to evaluate your USED bike we need to see it here live and in person for an inspection and assessment. We cannot and will not evaluate any bike over the phone, the internet, via text, descriptions, or photographs. We do not purchase all brands of bikes so if you are unsure if your brand is eligible check Nitty Gritty points #7 & #8 below, or call us at 253-661-3903 and we will tell you. Of course we know you want the maximum dollar value for your USED bike; who wouldn’t? If you want to earn the maximum value on a used bike you need to sell it on your own to the end user. We will not buy every bike presented to us, but we will make an offer on most that are eligible. We are likely to offer you a price, but please keep in mind that we are in the business of buying, fixing, and selling bikes; as such we need to cover our expenses so we can stay in business. The inspection evaluation of your USED bike is free and will only take one to two minutes of live face to face interaction; but then once done you will know what your bike is actually worth.
The Nitty Gritty…
- All purchased bikes must have the original paint job and identifiable serial number.
- All serial numbers will be verified with Police to identify stolen bikes.
- Identified stolen bikes WILL be immediately reported to Police.
- You must have a valid non expired state issued laminated picture ID (NO temporary paper ID’s).
- You must have a second ID that matches the name on the first (credit card, voters card, CostCo Card, Library card, etc…).
- We purchase complete bikes ONLY; no frames, forks, parts, or accessories.
- We do not purchase Tandems, Recumbents, Adult Trikes, Hand crank bikes, or department store quality bikes that came from Fred Meyer, Toys-R-Us, Target, the Internet, Wal-Mart, etc… We will not purchase anything from Schwinn (built after Pacific took over in 2001), Pacific, Magna, Next, Motiv, Forever, Diamond Back, Huffy, Fit, Tony Hawk, Roadmaster, Mongoose, Mt Tek, Gravity, Genesis, Motobecaine, Vertical, & Royce Union.
- We do purchase quality brands sold at bike shops including, but not limited to… Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, Fuji, Norco, Redline, Santa Cruz, Gary Fisher, Bontrager, LeMond, K2, Jamis, Haro, Giant, Pivot, Davidson, BMC, Kona, Marin, Felt, Torker, Raleigh, and Novarra
- We will not purchase any bicycle with a motor.
- Payment will be made to you on the spot in cash.