At Phil’s Bike Shop we realize that many people are more than happy to save some money by purchasing a finely tuned USED bicycle. We believe that USED bikes are an integral part of the cycling marketplace; and in fact, we are the only shop in the South Sound region that buys and sells USED bikes on a regular basis.
If you want to BUY a USED bike…
You have come to the right place. We are not a pawn shop, garage sale, or online ad; so our bikes are sold tuned, cleaned, and ready to ride with a 30 day labor guarantee on any future repair needs. Since our selection changes daily please stop into our shop to see what our current inventory looks like. At any one time we typically have 15 – 35 USED bikes all serviced and ready to roll. Each USED bike gets a full service tune up during which we will adjust and or replace any parts we deem to be unsafe and/or un-serviceable. The sales price on each USED bike is of course dependent on the bike and its condition, but we have USED bike prices that typically range from $50 – $400 with the average being closer to $200. We have USED bikes all year long, but the good ones go fast so if you want the best selection come see us between November – February.
If you want to SELL or TRADE IN a USED bike…
Great idea! The older a bike is the less it is likely to be worth; get cash today for that bike that has been sitting around gathering dust and taking up valuable space. We at Phil’s Bike Shop may offer you cash, check, or in-store credit for your USED bike. In order to evaluate your USED bike we need to see it here live and in person for an inspection and assessment. We cannot and will not evaluate any bike over the phone, the internet, via text, descriptions, or photographs. We do not purchase all brands of bikes so if you are unsure if your brand is eligible call us at 253-661-3903 and we will tell you. Of course we know you want the maximum dollar value for your USED bike; who wouldn’t? We will not buy every bike presented to us, but we will make an offer on most. We are likely to offer you a price, but please keep in mind that we are in the business of buying, fixing, and selling bikes; as such we need to cover our expenses so we can stay in business. The inspection evaluation of your USED bike will only take one to two minutes of live face to face interaction but then once done you will know what your bike is actually worth.
The Nitty Gritty…
- All purchased bikes must have the original paint job and identifiable serial number
- All serial numbers will be verified with Police to identify stolen bikes
- Identified stolen bikes WILL be immediately reported to Police
- You must have a valid picture ID
- You must have a second ID that matches the name on the first (credit card, voters card, CostCo Card, Library card, etc…)
- We purchase complete bikes ONLY; no frames, forks, parts, or accessories
- We do not purchase department store quality bikes that came from Fred Meyer, Toys-R-Us, Target, Wal-Mart, etc…. Including, but not limited to… Schwinn (built after Pacific took over in 2001), Pacific, Magna, Next, Motiv, Forever, Diamond Back, Huffy, Roadmaster, Mongoose, Mt Tek, Vertical, & Royce Union.
- We will not purchase any bicycle with a motor.